Curriculum Vitae – Joanne Keitch
Motivation for the application as Department Manger Kindermode. Bijenkorf, Den Haag.
A number of weeks ago I attended the Vogue Fashion Festival with my daughter of 17 in the Amstel Hotel, Amsterdam. One of the presentations that I attended was ‘the future of fashion’ by the Bijenkorf. It was brought to my attention in the interview that the Bijenkorf is hiring and I could not believe my luck when I checked the site and say that a Department Manager was required for children’s clothing in The Hague.
In August 2017 I sold my children’s clothes store. Over 8 years, I built up a successful webshop which I extended to brick and stone in 2014. It was a wonderful few years where I built up a fantastic wide network and got to face and enjoy my customers 5 days per week. I sold brands such as Mini Rodini, Molo, Le Big, Kidscase. A lot of which is hanging at the Bijenkorf. I know what my customers want and I definitely know a lot about kids clothing.
Originally from England I moved to the Netherlands in 1997. I have studied Business Information Systems and worked in IT where I graduated to become ‘Delivery Manager’ responsible for a big team on and off shore. I was responsible for the documentation, support and testing of an insurance product. My customers were banks and insurance companies worldwide.
I am extremely motivated to share my experience and make the Bijenkorf even better than it already is.
“FASHION, STYLE, CITY LIFE, 3 KIDS, HUSBAND, FAMILY, COOKING, DINING, INSTAGRAM, WHITE WINE, WATCHING MY SON PLAY FOOTBALL ON A COLD SATURDAY, FRIENDS, MUSIC, URBAN PHOTOGRAPHY, ROTTERDAM, NEW YORK, SHOPPING WITH MY DAUGHTERS, PARIS, WORDPRESS, BLOGGING, SPOTIFY, YELLOW, COLD BLUE SKY WITH THE SUN ON MY FACE, MASTERCHEF, CAPPUCINO,INTERIOR DESIGN, THEATER, CHOCOLATE, ARCHITECTURE, TONY CHOCOLONELY, CONVERTIBLE BLACK MINI, MAMA SHELTER, MUSEUMS, NHOW ROTTERDAM, HELLO FRESH, CORSICA, NETFLIX, HOLIDAY, GOING TO THE MOVIESJoanne Keitch
Online Sales Manager De Nimes. 2017 - present day
De Nimes is a brick and stone shop in Rotterdam Hillegersberg, selling high end clothing such as Zadig & Voltaire, By Malene Birger and Woolrich. The focus is on ‘timeless quality fashion’. My position within De Nimes is to handle all aspects of online selling. This means building and maintaining the website www.denimes.nl, choosing the collections to sell online, adding the products, social media and online marketing.
Joanne Keitch Web Design - 2011 to present day
Owner, Creative Designer and Back-end Web Developer for JoanneKeitch.com. A WordPress webdesign bureau based in Rotterdam. Please see my portfolio and view my approach to my business at: www.joannekeitch.com.
- Ability to listen and gather requirements
- Ability to convince people of better and new ideas
- Attention to detail
- Flair for design
- Expertise in WordPress
- CSS / HTML
- Adobe Products
Little Department Store - 2010 - 2017
In August 2017 I sold Little Department Store in its entirety to the new owner Brigitte Metz.
Little Department Store is an online and brick and stone childrens clothing store based in Rotterdam, selling organic and environmentally responsible children’s clothes from the high end sector. Please see my shop at http://www.littledepartmentstore.nl. You can also view our instagram at: @littledepartmentstorerotterdam and facebook: @LittleDepartmentStore
- General retailing
- General accounting
- Customer service and understanding
- Online Marketing
- Social Media for business
- Simple Adobe
Hewlett Packard/EDS - 1999-2015
Delivery Assurance Lead (Change and Release Manager)
- I have 16 years experience as Support, Delivery and Quality Assurance Lead for ProductXpress, the leading software tool for the insurance branch.
- Our customers include major banks and insurance industry leaders situated throughout the world.
- In my role I was responsible for motivation and leadership of small and middle sized teams both on and offshore who provide
- Write documentation
- Test (automated and manual)
- In addition I was responsible for all major and minor releases of the software. It was my responsibility to ensure that the release was complete of
- All new functionality
- Defect fixes
- It was further my responsibility to ensure that the release date was met and that the release was:
- Leadership – Communication through email, telephone, virtual meetings, chat.
- Planning – Excel. Microsoft Project
- Technical – All Microsoft Operating Systems, Compuware Test Partner, Hewlett Packard Quick Test Pro, Microsoft Office for documentation
- Support Management – ability to balance the requirements of the customer within the budget and vision of the product.
When I first joined the team, the product was in the first stage of development, Over the years I have setup the support teams, documentation teams, testing teams and devised all processes to support these disciplines.
Eduard van Beinum School, Rotterdam
1. Financial Director.
For three years I acted as Financial Director for the Eduard van Beinum school Rotterdam, responsible for the spending of the school funds paid by the parents as a yearly school fee.
- Simple accountancy skills
- Ability to set a budget
- Ability to guide a team to keep to budget
2. Show It! Open Podium for the students.
Show It! Is a bi-yearly open podium for the children of the Eduard van Beinum school in Rotterdam. As part of my commitment to the Parent and Teachers Association (Oude Commissie) I introduced and organise every two years an Open Podium for the children to show off their talents – or at least let them perform on stage something that they enjoy doing. As part of the effort I organise and lead a choir of 100+ children at the school with whom I rehearse at lunchtime, beginning around 6 weeks before the event.The organisation involves:
- The motivation of 250 children and 500 parents through physical visits to the school, through printed media such as posters and through various communication channels such as the newsletter and the school website. I design and organise printing of all printed material.
- Organisation of how the children write in to perform on the evening.
- Booking of the theater and ensure that all required props are present.
- Design, print and organise the selling of the tickets
- Preparation, design and printing of the program
- Preparation of the presenters (2 children from group 8)
- Organising of the support team for the evening
- Direction and responsibility for the evening itself in association with the theater.
I have now organised 4 open podiums – each of which have been an unbelievable success.
Various Junior Positions. 1992-1997
- Ford Motor Company, Basildon UK. Helpdesk worker for the buying department
- Logica (CMG), Junior technical consultant for various companies and financial institutions
- Cayenne Software, Support team leader for an Object Oriented CASE Tool.